Several Chapter members volunteered at the Capital Area Food Bank on Saturday, February 22, 2014. The group that day inspected, sorted, boxed, and weighed frozen meat and frozen food items. The adult group on Saturday processed more than 7,000 pounds of frozen meat and food. It could not have been accomplished without our fantastic Chapter volunteers: Maria Anaya, Maria Arreola, Sundeep Bablani, Alexis Cornman, Nancy Foss, Casey Keeling, Jan Keeling, Caitlin Hamaker, Jordan Hamaker, Angie Hardy, Ashley Nava, Sumit Punjabi, Tony Ross, Dave Seeterlin, Hsin-Fan Shieh, Jes Taylor, Carina Trejo, Cameron Van Noy and John Walker.
The Capital Area Food Bank greatly appreciates our volunteers and named the Austin CPA Chapter one of their top volunteer groups for 2013! Help us maintain our status and join us for our next shift on Saturday, March 29, 2014, 9:00 am to noon. We need 5 volunteers in March, so please contact Kaira Tanwar if you’re interested.
Here is our schedule of upcoming volunteer shifts:
- March 29, 2014 (9 am to noon) – 5 volunteers needed
- April 19, 2014 (9 am to noon) – 5 volunteers needed
- May 17, 2014 (9 am to noon) – 5 volunteers needed
- June 21, 2014 (9 am to noon) – 5 volunteers needed
- July 26, 2014 (9 am to noon) – 20 volunteers needed
- August 23, 2014 (9 am to noon) – 5 volunteers needed
- September 20, 2014 (9 am to noon) – 5 volunteers needed
Please contact Kaira Tanwar if you have any questions or would like to volunteer with the Austin CPA Chapter.