We had a great turnout for our Mid-Year Meeting of Members and Election of Officers on Monday, January 12, 2015 at Green Pastures. This event was generously sponsored by:
The following three items were passed unanimously by the membership:
1. By-Laws Amendment With the Following Change Underlined:
Section 1 – The Oversight Council shall consist of all members of the Chapter who are then directors of the TSCPA, one (1) member at-large for each 250 Austin Chapter members, the immediate Past-President of the Executive Board and the Secretary/Treasurer-elect. All members of the Austin CPA Chapter Oversight Council must be members in good standing with TSCPA and be a licensed Texas CPA. Additionally, the Oversight Council may elect a TSCPA student or candidate member as a non-voting member of the Council.
2. Austin CPA Chapter Membership Dues Increase
It has been 14 years since the Austin CPA Chapter has had a dues increase. After much consideration by the Chapter’s Executive Board and Oversight Council, a $5 increase is proposed for AA members only. These members currently pay $95 per year and the new rate will be $100 per year. There will be no increase for retired, lifetime, student, candidate or affiliate members.
3. Slate of 2015-16 Austin CPA Chapter Officers
Members will be asked to review and approve the slate of officers for 2015-16 as presented by the Nominations Committee at this meeting:
- President-Elect: Olivia Riley
- Manager-Community Involvement: Kate Rhoden
- Manager-Member Services: Jennifer Brown
- Manager-Education & Leadership: Kristy Holmes-Hetzel
- Treasurer-Elect: Paul Matthews
- TSCPA Directors (Expires 2018): Bette Williams (two-year replacement), Matt Malcom, Rosie Morris, Dan Popejoy, Diana Sullivan
- Members-at-Large: Angie Hardy, Alex Yarger, Jeremy Myers, Julie Dale, Mary Kay Robinson, Chris Okafor, Cynthia Ramos, Philip Campbell, Jacqueline Hopper
- Nominations Committee: Christi Mondrik, Diana Sullivan,
Attendees also earned one hour of CPE credit. Heather Kallas from Amplify Credit Union gave a great presentation on A Close Look at Cash Handling. She gave tips and tricks on how to prevent potential losses when handling cash.