We had a great turnout for our Annual Meeting of Members and Election of Officers on Monday, January 13 at the UT Club. Our current Chapter president, Jennifer Brown, presided over the meeting and kept us on track since there was much business to cover.
Our keynote speaker was Bill Reeb CPA, CITP, CGMA, AICPA Chairman & TXCPA Austin member. In the AICPA’s 130 year history, Bill is only the second Chairman from Texas. Bill presented his topic, ReImagine, which provided insight on the forces shaping the future of accounting and the numerous AICPA initiatives to keep the profession ahead. Fueled by rapid technological innovation, the world is changing at unprecedented speed – with significant implications for the accounting profession. Cybersecurity, blockchain, artificial intelligence and cognitive technologies all have the potential to transform our work.
Slate of Officers
Kristy Holmes-Hetzel, Immediate Past President, introduced the new officers for 2020-2021 and requested any nominations from the floor. The members voted unanimously to approve the following slate of officers:
- President-Elect: Paul Matthews
- Manager-Community Involvement: Bryan Morgan
- Manager-Member Services: Liz Bailey
- Manager-Education & Leadership: Mandy Klein
- Secretary/Treasurer-Elect: Tracie Miller-Nobles
- TXCPA Director (Expires 2021): Bryan Morgan
- TXCPA Directors (Expires 2023): Michele Heyman, Joyce Smith, Jennifer Brown, Connie Clark
- Members-at-Large: Angie Hardy, Jim Pumphret, Sarah Burgess-Finley, Kara Hamann, Bang Huynh, Nancy Foss, Larry Stephens, David Crumbaugh, Komal Paharia
- Student or Candidate Member: Aarika Anderson
- Nominations Committee: Kristy Holmes-Hetzel, Tracie Miller-Nobles, Jan Keeling
TXCPA Austin is incredibly fortunate to have another group of wonderful volunteers to make our upcoming year successful.
TXCPA Austin also recognized the following 2019-20 scholarship recipients:
- Bailey Noon, Austin Community College (Bette Williams Scholarship)
- Liesel Bass, Texas State University
- Blake Centers, Texas State University
- Jessica Hirn, Austin Community College
- Helena Qian, University of Texas at Austin
We appreciate all our members who attended the meeting!