We had a great turnout for our Mid-Year Meeting of Members and Election of Officers on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at County Line on the Lake.
Slate of Officers
Current President, Michele Heyman, introduced the new officers for 2014-2015. The members voted unanimously to approve the slate of officers. Our 2014-2015 officers are:
- President-Elect: Connie Clark
- Manager-Community Involvement: Kristy Holmes-Hetzel
- Manager-Member Services: Kara Hamann
- Manager-Education & Leadership: Jennifer Brown
- Treasurer-Elect: Kim Chapman
- TSCPA Directors (Expires 2017): Nancy Foss, Michele Heyman, Jesse Dominguez
- Members-at-Large: Chris Okafor, Alex Yarger, Kaya Kawamoto, Brian Mueller, Clayton Ripley, Naureen Lalani, Kate Rhoden, Whitney Ryser, Paul Pedroncelli
- Nominations Committee: Dan Popejoy, Julie Dale, Donna Wesling
Jason Wynne, representing the Scholarship Committee, explained our scholarship application and awards process and introduced this year’s accounting scholarship recipients:
- Jacqueline Marie Hopper, St. Edward’s University
(Jacqueline is the recipient of the $2500 Bette Williams Scholarship)
- Chance Stobaugh, University of Texas at Austin
- Holle Anderson, University of Texas at Austin
- Bryan Ballard, St. Edward’s University
- Monica Wheelock, Texas State University
- Jeysy Griffith, Austin Community College
- Rishnie Richards, University of Texas at Austin
- Brian Burt, Becker Review Scholarship Recipient
During the course of the luncheon, many of us had an opportunity to meet and congratulate these outstanding student members personally.
We also honored the 2013-14 Leadership Academy participants. For the past several months they devoted a lot of time and attention to different activities hosted by the Austin CPA Chapter and Leadership Austin.
CPE credit, too!
TSCPA Chairman-Elect Mark Lee, presented a Professional Issues Update to the meeting attendees. We appreciate him traveling from Houston to this event for us.