Thank you to everyone who participated in TSCPA’s Month of Service! We had several opportunities for our members and hope you tagged #TXCPAService and #CPAsCount in your social media posts, whether you volunteered on your own or for one of the Chapter’s organized events:
If you didn’t get the chance to participate in TSCPA’s Month of Service in November, there are other opportunities in December:
- 12/5-8: Junior League of Austin Coats for Kids Shorting Shifts (various times)
- 12/9: Junior League of Austin Coats for Kids Distribution Day (various times)
- Project Care Case‘s mission is to provide new and age appropriate suitcases on wheels to each child in foster care. The suitcase will have their names permanently embedded on it and will include a child-friendly Bible, socks, underclothing, two changes of clothing, a teddy bear, pillow and blanket of their very own. Please bring the below Care Case items to the Austin CPA Chapter offices by Wednesday, December 20:
- A new(er) small to medium sized suitcase with wheels and a pull handle.
- NEW pillows, blankets and teddy bears
- Child friendly Bibles
- NEW sets of socks, undergarments, outfits, coats, shoes, brushes, shampoo and soap
Other organizations are looking for board members and Community Tax Centers needs hundreds of volunteers for the upcoming tax season.
Below are some pictures of the wonderful Chapter volunteers at the November 18, 2017 Central Texas Food Bank shift. Special thanks to you all: Nancy Foss, Jessica Sajak, Angie Hardy, Laura Cavazos, Lara Akinboye, Jack Cook, Austin Pakola, Bryan Morgan and Komal Paharia.